Friday, January 27, 2012

5QF 1/27/12

Happy Happy Friday! We had so much fun at the Rodeo last week! Love Bug had never seen a rodeo and she absolutely loved it. We left Baby Bug at home with the babysitter, since I was afraid the dust and dirt would affect his tracheomalasia. Well, if not 2 days later a HORRIBLE dust storm blew through and screwed him up anyway. We should have taken him to the rodeo. He would have loved it. But luckily he is much better!

Anyway, on to this weeks Five Question Friday hosted by Mama M. I'm so incredibly excited because she picked one of my questions!!! Yipee!!! Anyway, join in and have some fun! On we go!

1. Do you swim in the winter?
Does a bathtub count? First, I'm not a huge swimmer anyway. I don't really do oceans because I have a fear of dying by lack of breathing. Which mean fire and water. Not being able to breath is a biggie of mine. I pretty much think it is required to live. So, being sucked under water by an under current is not my idea of fun. So I really don't do oceans that much....at least swim. I like lakes and pools, no undercurrent there. And I could touch the bottom. Well at least at lakes in Texas you can. Not sure about you Minnesooooota lakes though.

So, the answer to that question is No, I don't swim in winter. Only in the summer.
 
2. Do you love or hate winter?
Love, love love. See here in Texas, we don't get super cold. Usually we have 4 or 5 days where it doesn't get above freezing, and usually 3 or 4 days of winter precip. Usually light flurries or sleet, and maybe an ice day or two.
 
But this year, we haven't had squat. One day below freezing, no winter precip. Most of the temps have been in the 50s and 60s, and even a couple of 70s. WHAT??? I mean, I do love me a 67 degree day. Sunroof open, drinks on a patio. Ahhh perfection. But because we dont' get much winter, I would really love some. PLEASE? Before we get 70+ days of 100+ degrees again?

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family?
Not usually. Yoga pants is pretty much my go to on days when I don't leave the house. Gap or Lululemon to be precise. LOVE THEM!!! I do shower, but no makeup. Makes me feel like I am doing something good for my skin when I don't wear make up!

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?
Freshman in high school is what I remember. We had an older brother of a guy I was dating get us some wine coolers! Good stuff!!! Can't believe that now that I think about it. Jees.

 
5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?
Well when I worked at my previous job, we really didn't have a certain amount, usually as long as I could log in with my computer, and I had my phone, it wasn't an issue. Most of the people I know have that same policy.
Being a mom though, I get NO sick days. EVER. EVER.
 
Allright, time to get this weekend started! Everybody have a great and safe one!


No comments:

Post a Comment