Friday, September 30, 2011

5QF 9/30/2011

Ok, Ok, I'm back. I'm sorry. HORRIBLE blogger the last month. Well basically since all of you have known me. For some reason, I thought it would be a great idea to start a public blog right before both of my kid's birthdays. But, since now they are over, I promise, pinky swear, to be a better blogger.

But, today is Friday! And I am ready for it. It has been a long week this week. My hubs broke his toe and foot last weekend, so I have been dealing with that, and now it looks like he is going to have surgery! Anywho....it Five Question Friday! Hop on over to Mama M's blog and join in the fun~!

1. Do you apologize to your kids if you're wrong?
Well, when (and if) I am wrong, absolutely. I mean how are they supposed to learn humility, regret, and doing the right thing, if I, and their dad, (who never apologizes about anything, cuz he thinks he is always right!! HAHA!! Kidding, kidding, boys....) don't show them. That is one of those lessons in life, you just have to learn to suck up and do.

2. Do you have a class ring, Letterman's jacket, or similar obscenely priced high school "must have"?
Yup, sure do. When I was in high school, I played on the tennis team for 1 1/2 year, and then got the opportunity to be a Diamond Doll (bat girl) for the baseball team. And like I was going to pass that up! First, I LOVE baseball (Go Rangers!), second, boys, playing baseball, in tight pants?!?! Oh yea! So I had to choose between baseball, or tennis. Uh, I chose baseball! And dated 2 of the boys on the team. Wait, not at the same time, or anything, just in general. You get the point. Anyway, I was considered part of the team, in all aspects, so technically, I lettered in Baseball. But, I chose a blanket, instead of a jacket.
I also have a high school senior ring. It's pretty cool, I'm glad I have it, but I only wore it for like 9 months, because then you are in college, and who cares about high school then.
3. If you could be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose?
21~ no doubt about it. Still in college, where (looking back) life was easy, carefree. All I had to do was go to school, and work my part time job. I was lucky that my parents provided all of my needs, and didn't have to work full time, like many of my friends. No responsibilities, no worries, just go and party and have fun.
But wait, the dating life would get old after a while, and you can only party for so long....so lets go with like 25, no, because I want my kids, so 30. Well crap, that's too hard. I give up.
 

4. What is your favorite (unused) baby name?
Austin ~ It's what I wanted to name our son, but my hubs best friend is named Austin, and he thought it would be a little wierd. So we didn't, and came up with Baby Bug instead. But if I had another boy, I don't care, his name would be Austin fo sho!

5. If you could make your child like something what would it be?
Different variety of food. Love Bug is such a picky eater. I have tried, forced, made, bribed her with everything to try different foods, and she just doesn't like stuff. I know that will change as she gets older, but come on. There is more to life than pizza, chicken nuggets, and jelly (she doesn't like peanut butter) sandwiches. Thankfully, she is wanting to buy her lunch at school more and more, so she is taking baby steps in branching out.
 
Ok, your turn! Go have fun! Happy weekend! Holy crap, I just realized tomorrow is Oct 1. YIKES!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment