Friday, December 2, 2011

5QF 12/2/2011

Seriously, this has been one of the craziest weeks I have had in such a long time. My in-laws were here for 9 days over the holidays (UGH!), and if you read some of my tweets, you will know how I feel about them. But, they are gone, and this week has flown by! I still don't have my tree up, but it and the decorations are down from the attic, which is a step. But, by bedtime tonight, it will be done! Because come Saturday, I have to start getting ready for our Christmas Party that is next weekend, and putting up a tree, is not on my list of things to do on Sat. Cleaning, decorating, hiding stuff, that kinda stuff IS on my list of things to do!

But, since it is Friday, and I didn't get a chance to do 5QF last week, even AFTER Mama M picked my question, I am doing it this week! So jump on over to  Mama M's blog and join in!

1. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in your house?
Lots, and LOTS, and TONS of snowmen! I have a small (read: LARGE) collection of snowmen. On the mantel, on the tree, in the bathrooms, on the sofa table, on top of my tree, stockings, door mats, towels, Christmas lights, hanging on the wall, you get the idea.
I have always loved them, and as I have gotten older, the love has grown to where it is pretty much rediculous now. But I love em!

2. Do you finish your Christmas shopping early or are you a last minute type?
Well, before kids, I had presents bought, wrapped and under the tree Thanksgiving weekend. And then I had one kid, so I had them bought before Thanksgiving, and wrapped, usually the next weekend. And then I had two kids, and well, last year I was buying presents on Christmas Eve. But this year, my daughter is 100% completely done. See my Black Friday Fail post.  At least I thought she was until I read her list to Santa tonight, and the top of the list: Hello Kitty Diary and silver sparkle pen. How am I supposed to deny something so easy, (and cheap!)? I have to find that for her!!!
My son: He is 90% done. Hubs: Yea, not even close. Parents: Not done, but I know what I am getting them (Apple TV).
So, as my kids get older, I am getting back to buying presents earlier. It makes finding what they really want, so much easier.

3. When do you turn on your heat? For the heater that does the main part of the house and our room? Not until it gets down to freezing. The kids side of the house does when the internal temp gets below 67. My son is still too little to stay under a blanket, he kicks it off, so he is in fleece jammies, and I have to make sure the heat is on for him to stay warm. My daughter loves to be warm when she sleeps, so even though she has covers, she sleeps great too!

4. Do you ever wish your blog was private?
Well, it is. Not this one, but my other one is. I have a different blog, that is just for family and friends. It has pics of my kids, places we went, lots of personal stuff on it, that (no offense), I don't want the whole world to see. My kids faces aren't even on my Facebook page. That is mine, not my kids. I have heard to many stories, and maybe I am just paranoid, but this is more about me, and my life, than theirs.

5. Do you put your deodorant on before of after you put on your shirt?
Before, like as soon as I get out of the shower and dry off. Still nekkid. If not, I would always have it on my clothes. Sorry, probably more than you wanted to know! :)
Ok, I have to go do more stuff to be able to decorate my tree dangit!
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you found time for the Five Questions Friday. You are a busy bee!
    www.rebeccabany.com

    ReplyDelete