Friday, September 14, 2012

9-14-2012 5QF

It's the beginning of birthday week here in our house. Baby Bug's party is tomorrow, his bday is Sunday. And Love Bugs bday is next Saturday, and her party is on Sunday. Its a long 8 days around here! Well, lets get started with Mama M's Five Question Friday shall we?

1. How long did it take for you to find your wedding dress? (Wedding dress pics anyone?) Well J and I got engaged on Christmas Eve 2001. I was completely surprised, even though we had been dating for only 9 years. Yes, YEARS! But at this point, we had bought a house together, got a dog, and knew we were going to get married, just didn't know when.

Little did I know, he had this planned for a long time. My parents were in on it, he had gone and asked them and everything. His parents were in town, and his dad knew, but not his mom. She can't keep a secret! :)

Anyway, so he proposed, I of course said yes, and then for some reason, we decided it had to be a date related to 13. So that leaves the 13th or the 26th. And I wanted a spring wedding. Well, 15 months later, we found a Saturday, in the Spring, on the 26th!

We booked the church and the reception site first, and then waited a while before we did much else. Then about that summer, my mom and sister and I booked a couple of appointments to see some wedding dresses. We went to a store in Fort Worth, and found nothing. The next weekend we had 3 appointments at 3 different locations in Dallas. The first was The Bridal Portfolio. I tried on probably 6 different dresses, and as soon as I put mine on, it literally, took my breath away. It was perfect. I tried on about 3 more just to make sure, but knew that was THE DRESS. (see below). To the point that we even called the other stores and cancelled our other appointments.


I never thought that an off the shoulder dress with tulle would be my thing. EVER. To the point I even told the lady I didn't want to try it on. But she assured me it looked better on than on the hanger. Was so glad I listened!

So the answer (finally) to the question is I found my dress in the second store I went into. 



2. Someone in your general vicinity releases a NASTY smelling fart. Do you say anything or blow it off?
If it's someone in my house, usually I know because they will claim it before I actually smell it.
In public, never make a peep, or bat an eye, or anything. Just hope nobody thinks its me!
3. What is the scariest thing that happened to you or scared you recently?
I honestly can't think of anything.  Luckily it's been a long time since I have been truly scared!
4. Favorite brand and flavor of ice cream.
Surprisingly, I'm not much of an ice cream fan. Cookies? yup. Cake? Yup. Candy bar? Oh yea! But ice cream? Not so much. But if I had to choose it would be Blue Bell Mint Chocolate Chip! It is SO yummy. When I do eat it. Which is like 3 times a year.

5. Are you able to sleep well in hotels?
Once I get to sleep, yes. I travel a lot (relatively), so once I fall asleep, I stay asleep. Most of the time, I keep the tv on, and then wake up at some point in the middle of the night and turn it off, and go right back to sleep.

I am usually so tired if I'm in a hotel because I have either been traveling, or working, or catching up on sleep I didn't get at home, that I am out like a light! And sleep (besides turning off the tv) all night!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment